Python/C and PYTHONPATH

Tero Pihlajakoski tepihlaj at NOpaju.SPAMoulu.fi
Mon Jan 5 17:39:19 EST 2004

Samuel Walters <swalters_usenet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Fair warning:  At this point, I couldn't even get the example you quoted
> to link properly.  Of course, I didn't dig too deep, as I'm in a hurry.

> ---code---

... snip ...

> Or, call setenv ("man 3 setenv") to manually set a python-path.
> you can use that in combo with getenv ("man 3 getenv") to append to an
> existing PYTHONPATH, if you so choose.

> Give it a go, please let me know how it turns out.  If this doesn't shed
> some light on the matter I might have another idea once I'm not rushing
> around.

(Sorry for the delay, I was offline)

I'll see if it's actually the C-part that's causing problems, but I
worked it around by adding:

PyRun_SimpleString("import sys\nsys.path.insert(0,'')");

right after the Py_Initialize().

Works ok. Guess I'm "allowed" to do that(?)

Thanks,
  - Tero