[OPINION] - does language really matter if they all do the same thing?

Python Baby python at hitmedia.com
Sat Jan 24 18:41:26 EST 2004

> Of course there are (rare) circumstances where the other languages'
> advantages are so extreme that it justifies the cost of integration,
> distribution, training, etc.

This would be a good statement to bring this thread back to my original
question on:

""" Since my old website needed an overhaul anyway, I thought it'd be a
good time to learn [OOP]...  Wondering if, since I'm
about to re-write my entire website anyway, if I should use
Ruby or Python instead of PHP.
As I've fretted over this for way too many hours, I started wondering:
Can Ruby do something (important) that Python can't?
Can Python do something (important) that PHP can't?
Can PHP do something (important) that Ruby or Python can't?"""

Has anyone here ever looked at different languages for making an
interactive website, and felt that Python was the best choice of
language to use?

It would definitely be a learning curve for me, since I know PHP so well,
but if it had some great benefits, I'd go for it.
(Half just for fun, to learn something new.)