little client + server app : has this been done?

Graham Fawcett graham__fawcett at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 09:42:09 EST 2004

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote in message news:<7x1xpkk6j9.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>...
> Python Baby <python at hitmedia.com> writes:
> > Should I do it from scratch or is this just some well-known library I
> > don't know about?   (I searched around, of course, but couldn't find one.)
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Use a web server.

Good, terse advice. ;-)

Mr. Baby, note that Python has both HTTP server (BaseHTTPServer,
SimpleHTTPServer) and HTTP client (httplib, urllib) functionality
built into the standard library. It will definitely pay off in the
long run if you stick to open standards like HTTP instead of rolling
your own protocols.

-- Graham