py2exe 0.5.0 (finally) released

OPQ poyol at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 09:15:50 EST 2004

Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> wrote in message news:<y8s7aeps.fsf at python.net>...
> **py2exe 0.5.0** (finally) released

> py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts python scripts
> into executable windows programs, able to run without requiring a
> python installation.
>

> Enjoy,
>
> Thomas

Great !
Works flawlessly for me.
The ptyhoncom support is much better for me.
Sometimes, in the past, py2exe would forget to include (because of me)
some pythoncom.dll.
Not anymore.

But anyway, there is a little annoying point: in the past (0.4.x),
while compiling, py2exe would turn all necessary files to pyc or pyo
in-place
And then, after 1 compilation step, it wouldn't do it anymore, but
just for the file which have changed.

Now, since it put all the file in the zip archive, It won't generate
.pyo files in-place, but only in the archive.
And thus, each time I compile py application, I see that py2exe
bye-compile stuff that didn't change, but do not exists in .pyo.

I may be wrong in my analyse, but that's how I see it.

Other stuff: for the same EXE, I have (totally arbitrary number)
8.6 Mb of data with py2exe 0.4
11.7 M with 0.5 (zipfile activated)

Try to explain that !

Anyway, great stuff, great samples to