Text-to-HTML processing program

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 3 01:33:03 EST 2004

>>>>> "phil" == phil hunt <philh at invalid.email.address> writes:

    phil> Does anyone know of a text-to-HTML processing program,
    phil> ideally written in Python because I'll probably be wanting
    phil> to make small modifications to it, which is simple and
    phil> straightforward to use and which uses a simple markup
    phil> language (something like Wikipedia markup would be ideal)?

Structured text is one of the simplest markups around (and
sufficiently powerful to make nice looking hardcopy) and is well
supported in python

  http://www.zope.org/Members/millejoh/structuredText

  http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/rst/quickstart.html

Beyond that, search google groups for

  structured text group:*python*

Here's a link to a post from me about the conversion of one of the old
diehards in our hospital to structured text:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2002-May/115243.html.

JDH