Tcl/Tk Support

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jan 9 16:00:53 EST 2004

In article <mailman.236.1073676782.12720.python-list at python.org>,
Diego Ribeiro de Andrade <diego.andrade at smartech.com.br> wrote:

>Yes... I typed import Tkinter too but the output was the same!
>
>how I do to install support for Tkinter? Can I download the Tkinter.py file
>and paste in the include directory of Python2.2?

You'll probably have to install a package called something like
"tk8.3-dev" (that's what it's called in Debian), download the Python
source, and build Python.  It's possible that the RPMs for Python already
have Tkinter built in, but you'll still need to install Tcl/Tk to make it
work.

A: No.
Q: Is top-posting okay?