executing an external app

Joseph Krauze jkrauze at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Jan 28 16:02:34 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a simple question which I cannot solve (relatively new to Python).
I want to write a script that executes an application on the go.  I looked
into the exec*e() calls but the problem there is that they do not return.
I also looked into execfile() but here the PATH is not taken into account
and I couldn't figure out to pass the file that's executed arguments.

So, is there a simple way to execute an external app?
i.e. execvpe('cat', 'myFile') - this will not return

Thanks,
Joseph