PRE-PEP: new Path class

Christoph Becker-Freyseng webmaster at beyond-thoughts.com
Fri Jan 9 14:05:32 EST 2004

Gerrit Holl wrote:

> John Roth wrote:
>
>>I'm adding a thread for comments on Gerrit Holl's pre-pep, which
[...]
> Shall I submit this as an official PEP? Or shall I first fill in more
> open issues and perhaps give the possibility to change "closed" issues?

I think there are still a lot of issues. I think letting settle things
down at first is wiser. And then present a PEP where many (even better
all) contributors agree. (I didn't like the result of PEP308 very much ...)

In additions there are still good points in the older discussions and
existing modules that should be integrated (You linked in the prePEP).

Moreover I'd like to extend the pre-PEP (and PEP):
"PEP xxx: new path module"
Because there is more than just the Path-Class: BaseClasses, Exceptions,
Helper-Functions ...

Christoph Becker-Freyseng