ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED

Peter Ashford me at here.there.com
Wed Jan 14 15:09:16 EST 2004

>>Why do you think OS developers owe you any kind of value at all?
>

> I don't.  But that's not going to stop me from denigrating them for being
> incapable of fulfillng the kinds of projects I have in mind.

That's like criticising a high class restraunt for not serving burgers.
  If they don't propose to solve your particular needs, criticising them
for not doing so is stupid and redundant.

Many OS projects have aims which they fail to reach (often "completion"
is one of those) and it is fair to criticise them for those failings.
However it is utterly myopic to criticise them for not reaching aims to
which they don't aspire - like being your bunch of personal slaves.

It would just as dumb as me criticising you for not advancing OS
software - you've never intended to, don't care, so the criticism would
be stupid.

Peter.