Why learn Python ??

Ville Vainio ville.spamstermeister.vainio at thisisspamprotectiontut.finland
Mon Jan 12 11:48:52 EST 2004

    Jacek> Lest Derek give the impression that Lisp is in any way a
    Jacek> "toy" language, or that it somehow sacrifices practicality
    Jacek> for elegance, I feel honour bound to point out that it is
    Jacek> actually the most powerful and expressive programming
    Jacek> language known to man, and excells in solving problems
    Jacek> which are often considered too hard to be solved in other
    Jacek> languages.

Python will catch up Real Soon Now - there are so many Python+Lisp
projects in the works, soon we can implement all the impossible tasks
in the world by combining development speed of Python with macro magic
of Lisp for that final, "impossible" leap :-).

    Jacek> -- Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming:

    Jacek> Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: "Any sufficiently
    Jacek> complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc,
    Jacek> informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of
    Jacek> half of Common Lisp."

At least they should have implemented scheme instead.

--
Ville Vainio   http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24