conditional expression sought

Elaine Jackson elainejackson7355 at home.com
Thu Jan 29 12:58:45 EST 2004

If bool(B_i)==True for 1<=i<=n and j is the smallest i with bool(A_j)==True,
then the evaluation of (A_1 and B_1) or ... or (A_n and B_n) returns B_j without
evaluating any other B_i. This is such a useful mode of expression that I would
like to be able to use something similar even when there is an i with
bool(B_i)==False. The only thing I can think of by myself is ( (A_1 and [B_1])
or ... or (A_n and [B_n]) )[0], and I can't be satisfied with that for obvious
reasons. Does anybody know a good way to express this? Any help will be mucho
appreciado.

Peace