Secure Voting software

PiedmontBiz piedmontbiz at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 17:44:34 EST 2004

Listening to National Public Radio while reading comp.lang.python. What a life!

I just heard a piece on NPR about the security failures of an electronic voting
system being developed. I know a voting system could be developed in python. I
am working on a simulator myself to run via the web (a personal project only)

Are there any features which would make python a viable alternative to develop
a real voting system for use in the US? Why or why not?

What things must I keep in mind when I design a python application to be
secure?

Since python is developed using C, can  python be free from the buffer overrun
problems which plague other C programs?

allen