C++ bad-mouthing (was: Why learn Python ??)

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Wed Jan 14 21:03:35 EST 2004

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) schreef:

>>Not sure what the goals were, but I'm not sure they were to compete
>>with Netscape and IE.  CNRI funding -- "R" for research -- seems to

> Certainly not the *original* goal, because Grail antedated those
> latecomers.

My copy of Netscape 0.94beta for Windows has a file date of 1994-11-22.

And from the Grail docs:
"Grail was started in August 1995 as a quick and dirty demo. It quickly
became a serious project, as witnessed by the release of version 0.2 in
November 1995, and again by the planned release of version 0.3 (currently
in beta) in June 1996."

--
JanC