Cross Platform Browser Launcher

Pieter Claerhout Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com
Wed Jan 28 04:22:00 EST 2004

Take a look at the webbrowser module...
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-webbrowser.html

Cheers,

pieter

Creo
pieter claerhout | product support prinergy | tel: +32 2 352 2511 |
pieter.claerhout at creo.com | www.creo.com

IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)

-----Original Message-----
From: michael at foord.net [mailto:michael at foord.net]
Sent: 28 January 2004 10:18
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Cross Platform Browser Launcher

I've written a simple application in python with an HTML help file.

I'm looking for a cross platform way of launching the help file.

On windows I'd use :
os.system('start help.html')

Which automatically opens the file with the users browser.

Is there a cross-platform way of doing the same thing ?
I can do a platform test and use different techniques for different
systems - but I don't know how to achieve the same effect on a Linux
(Unix ? Mac ?) machine.....

Any help appreciated.

Fuzzy

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk The Place where headspace meets
cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology,

---

Python functions - home of dateutils, ConfigObj, StandOut, CGI-News
and more....

--

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow talent
to the dark place where it leads. -Erica Jong