PEP 310 suggestions

Ben ben at transversal.com
Wed Jan 7 09:09:15 EST 2004

Michael Hudson wrote:

> Ben <ben at transversal.com> writes:
>
> Hmm, that's an idea I hadn't had.  Limiting the "on exit" code to just
> one expression and the disadvantage you mention mean I'm not sure I
> like it that much, though...
>
>> Any comments? The main reason I like these methods is that they are
>> both more explicit than the PEP, and don't require the addition of
>> any more special functions. However I can see the disadantages as
>> well!
>
> Well, thanks for your comments, but I'm not sure I want to incorporate
> your ideas... I'll add the "onexit" idea as an alternative.
>
> Cheers,
> mwh

Cheers for the feedback. I suppose I just wanted to make sure all the
options had been considered ( which you already appear to have done in
great detail ) as this is something which I consider really important for
the language. That and I have an irrational dislike of millions of special
methods :)

Do you have a link to the big discussion you mention? I read the one in the
PEP but thats only a couple of messages long. ( I may be going blind
though!)

Ben
---