List Comprehension Syntax

Moosebumps crap at crap.crap
Sat Jul 10 15:42:36 EDT 2004

> What I like about LCs is that they made sense to me before reading the
> documentation - they just came across as very expressive of what was
> happening. I use the simplest forms, i.e.
>
> [op(x) for x in y]
> [x for x in y if z]
> (as well as some slight variations)

That's true, I tend to use the simplest forms too -- but then that is not as
maintainable.

We all know that things don't always stay so simple.  There is always
something you need to add.  IMO with that in mind, it is easier to keep
everything consistent, then to try to "sneak in" the LC for the simpler
cases.  You would end up flipping back and forth too much when you need to
add a condition, or add an expression.