Prothon 0.1.2 is getting close to Alpha [Prothon]

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jul 8 02:10:56 CEST 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:

> Prothon is an industrial strength language that uses native OS
> threads and 64-bit architecture.

Mark, as someone with an "industry" perspective, I interpret
the phrase "industrial strength" as meaning two things**, primarily:
power and reliability.

Does Prothon already have enough users and runtime to justify a
claim that it is highly reliable?  I believe Python can make this
claim fairly easily at this point, though even a few years ago
I'm not sure that was the case.

What do _you_ mean by "industrial strength"?

-Peter

** That is, when I don't think it's just a marketroid talking.
I know Mark isn't a marketroid, in spite of the similarity
in the names. ;-)