Building Python 2.4 extensions with the Microsoft Toolkit Compiler

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sat Jul 17 16:58:49 EDT 2004

I've put together a page describing how to build Python 2.4 extensions
with the free (as in beer, not libre) Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit
compiler.  So far I've been able to build Numpy 23.1, PyOpenGL 2.0.1.07,
OpenGLContext 2.0.0b2 and mxTextTools-nr against Python 2.4a1, and they
seem to be working fine.  I'm very interested in other developers who
want to try building with this combination giving feedback on what needs
to be done to make the instructions clearer and/or more comprehensive.

    http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/programming/mstoolkit/

Have fun,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher