Interactive Python programming in ... vi [was: Tab wars revisited]

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Fri Jul 16 12:17:05 EDT 2004

Steve Lamb <grey at despair.dmiyu.org> writes:

> > Emacs allows me to interact with a continuously live instance of the
> > Python interpreter.
>
> You know, oddly enough this isn't something I demand of my editors.
> With things like screen, konsole, multiple rxvts or even plain old
> ALT-F1, ALT-F2 I get the exact same functionality.

Of course, and with a Turing machine I get exactly the same
functionality as I do in Python.

> It's called learning how to use the tools given instead of insisting
> on having everything bolted onto one large bloatware application.

You know, I always believed that vim was an excellent tool, the tool
of choice of many intelligent power-users.

The contributions of you and your Kamikaze chum are the first instance
of something managing to make me start questioning that belief.

Good riddance.