Writing binary to stdout

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Jul 9 11:22:29 EDT 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:00:02 -0400, rumours say that Christopher T King
<squirrel at WPI.EDU> might have written:

>Believe it or not, open('CON:','wb') actually works under WinXP. It's
>amazing that this relic from DOS is still around. Though unportable (the
>Unix equivalent is open('/dev/stdout','wb')) and ugly, it'll get the job done.

/dev/stdout I believe is a Linux device.  /dev/tty is the traditional
Unix device for reading/writing to the current "tty".
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"Tssss!" --Brad Pitt as Achilles in unprecedented Ancient Greek