distutils alternatives?

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Wed Jul 21 07:00:57 EDT 2004

I believe that there was some thought at one time
to doing something like this. It eventually evolved
into PyPI as a first step. I haven't heard of anyone
working on the next step, though.

Distutils does what it does (and I won't say
adequately - I had to write a program to create
the distutils setup.py for PyFIT). I'd think that
putting a separate layer on top to handle multiple
downloads and installs would be a better approach
than attempting to integrate it all into distutils.

John Roth

news:4b39d922.0407201509.12c9d43b at posting.google.com...