[ANN] libgmail 0.0.1 -- Gmail access via Python

Follower follower at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 22:15:53 CEST 2004

> BTW does it require Python 2.4 alpha? It seems to use
> ClientCookie...
I'm using Python 2.3 with the latest development version of
ClientCookie available on the author's site. There are apparently some
differences between that version & the 2.4 version, but I don't know
if they are significant enough to affect libgmail's operation.

So, in short, no, you don't need Python 2.4 alpha, but you will need
to install ClientCookie separately.

P.S. The SF CVS version of libgmail has been modified a little bit,
mostly just refactoring and preparation for feature additions... It
now uses the more correct Folder>Thread>Message model and calculates
the total number of messages in a thread.