VB(ish) replacement

Ron Stephens rstephens at vectron.com
Mon Jul 26 19:56:25 EDT 2004

To John, Nick, and others,

I haven't used VB since one of the very early versions, but I can
appreciate, I think, how easy it is to lay out a GUI app using VB. I
just want to urge you to try PythonCard. I have found it about as easy
as you can imagine to create simple GUI apps using PythonCard.
Although not like VB, it does allow one to easily draw "forms" and
then associate the logic code with the forms and widgets. The learning
curve is very easy, and you really should try it.

I think Boa Constructor is similar in usage to VB (actually to Delphi,
it is said) and is a true GUI painter, code generator that can I think
handle big projects. For my use, it is too complex. PythonCard is
however, as easy as pie.

PythonCard at http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/ must be tried to be
appreciated. Although not like VB (or perhpas anything else) the
PythonCard framework is a beautiful model.

Boa Constructor can be found at
http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/ and both projects are free and
open source.