hyperbob hyperbob at
Thu Jun 24 18:31:40 CEST 2004

I have a simple little problem. I am writing a program that consists
of several distinct processes (GUI, database, etc.). I ran into
problems trying to make them all run in parallel and independently. I
wanted to write a script that will get them all up and running, but it
does not seem to be possible without either killing the parent process
or depriving the child processes of a console window. This is
essentialy what I want:

scripts = ["", "", ""]
for script in scripts:
    run_and_forget_about_it("python.exe " + script)

Anyone knows who to implement run_and_forget_about_it?