POP3 and email

Paul Schmidt wogsterca at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 6 16:25:04 CEST 2004

Dear list:

I am new to python, and I am trying to figure out the short answer on
something.

I want to open a POP3 mailbox, read the enclosed mail using the POP3
module, , and then process it using the email module.

Environment Python 2.3.4, Mandrake Linux 9.0 patched up the wazoo...

There is some stuff that isn't clear here, can I pass the POP3 message
directly to email for processing, or does it need to be saved to a
temporary file somewhere first? The emails being received will consist
of headers, a tiny amount of text, and one or more MIME attachments.

Let me explain the project, and then this should all make sense.

I havc one or more people going to an event, they will send emails to a
special email address, of stuff to go on a website.  This is an HTML
page, which could have one or more photos attached to display in the
page once the HTML is processed, the whole thing gets FTP to the web.

Paul

Any ideas?

Paul