What is the meaning of static and class methods ?

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:05:08 EDT 2004

"fowlertrainer at anonym.hu" <fowlertrainer at anonym.hu> wrote in message news:<mailman.213.1088407296.27577.python-list at python.org>...
> <snip>
> I want to anyone please send an example of class/static methods that
> HAVE MEANING.
> A real example, to I understand, why we need that methods in python.
>
> Thanx for it:
>  FT

I may sound heretic, but I never thought their introduction as builtins
was a particularly clever idea. Python lived pretty well without them for
years and could continue living without them. They are just a syntactic
convenient which is not very convenient, actually, since we do not have
decorators yet.

          Michele Simionato