import numarray problems

youngdubliner at hotmail.com youngdubliner at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 19:34:49 EDT 2004

I'm having a problem ........

I've stripped all my code to help isolate the problem.

Its seems to be with importing numarray when python is embedded in C.

I have a simple C program it Opens Python imports a script and
then Closes Python

like so .......

int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{

 int count = 0;
 PyObject *pmod;

 while ( count < 10)
 {

  /*
  ** Initialize Python
  */

  Py_Initialize();
  printf("\nOpen Python ---- >");

  pmod   = PyImport_ImportModule("test");

  Py_DECREF(pmod);

  /*
  ** Close Python
  */

  Py_Finalize();
  printf("\n<---- Closed Python");

   /*
   ** Do this 10 times !
   */
   count++;

 }
   getchar();
   return(0);

}

and thats it !

The script it calls  is test.py its very simple , it imports numarray
and then returns. like so .......

-----------------------
test.py
-----------------------
#Imports
from numarray import *

def test_func():
    return (99)
-----------------------
end of file
-----------------------

The first time it is called from my C code
it all works fine ! ( but only the first time ! )

In the second iteration above test .c crashes

It has something to do with importing numarray.
Beacase if you comment out the import line i.e

-----------------------
test.py
-----------------------
#Imports
# Commented out !
#from numarray import *

def test_func():
    return (99)
end of file

its scrolls through the while loop and works fine.

Its all very odd . any ideas ?

I'm using Python 2.3.3 and Python 2.3 numarray - 0.8

Thanks in advance