Is this just for readability to the developer? python

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at
Wed Jun 2 15:08:13 CEST 2004

"David Stockwell" <winexpert at> wrote in message
news:mailman.505.1086179037.6949.python-list at

> In this example, it looks like only the '3.1' is actually passed to the
> function.  Which leads me to speculate that the rest of it is just there to
> make it easier for the developer when looking at source code to see what
> version of the module is being used.

It looks like that it may be for the benefit of CVS; manually updated
version numbers are a pain.

> The only thing I think i notice is its also passing a list of one element?

One element of a list; that's not quite the same thing.