Is Eric S Raymond still a "Pythoneer"

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Mar 6 17:26:20 EST 2004

paddy3118 at netscape.net (Paddy McCarthy) writes:

> paddy3118 at netscape.net (Paddy McCarthy) wrote in message news:<2ae25c6b.0403020006.6b99e590 at posting.google.com>...
[...]
> > I wondered if there are any more recent interviews/articles from ESR
> > on his scripting language tools. I would be interested to know if he
> > still usesPython? Did he try any other "scripting" languages such as
> > Ruby or Lua?
[...]
> Oh, no! I sent the above, then found the right thing to search for in
> Google and came up with this interview from January:
>   http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3306511
>
> It seems ESR is still a Pythoneer, and I have another important
> article to add to my trove.
[...]

If you come to the Python UK conference (part of the ACCU Spring
conference), you may even meet him in person.  He's a keynote speaker
in the Open Source event that's also taking place at the ACCU
conference, but I imagine he'll be mingling with Pythonistas too.

https://www.accu.org/conference/

(the site is due for a significant revamp next week, so check back for
more details on the Python conference and Open Source forum)

John