Extending Python Syntax with @

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Fri Mar 12 04:59:50 EST 2004

Y2KYZFR1 wrote:

> That is what Python is missing is an quality IDE that is cross
> platform. All the ones out now suck when compared to something like
> IDEA or Together.
>
> anyone that thinks about following up this post with anything about vi
> or emacs can just stop right now and go back to their hole.

An IDE isn't worth much in many use cases. I see the reason in it when
developing gui apps. But for my work I honestly don't see any use for it.

Basically a good tabbed editor suits my needs.

The only two things I really miss is:

1) A good refactoring tool. Search and replace can be a bit hit'n miss
sometime.

2) A context aware class browser, that would show the classes with the
methods & defined attributes they have in the current context. So that I
could do a little less grep'ing and manual backtracking of ancestor objects.

So maybe I *do* ned a good IDE anyway :-)

regards Max M