fox 1.2.x and FXPy

Lothar Scholz llothar at
Wed Mar 24 03:53:54 CET 2004

David Bolen <db3l at> wrote in message news:<uoeqojxg8.fsf at>...

> Of course, you could rebuild the DLL removing support for the various
> stuff you don't currently need, but that's not too convenient for
> maintaining over time, and not everyone has the facilities for
> rebuilding the wxPython DLL from wxWidgets source.
> I seem to recall reading that 2.5.x might contain (or support)
> fracturing the main monolithic DLL into well-defined smaller pieces
> that hopefully will improve this.

I'm not sure. Is this a wxPython problem or does a C++ wxWidget also
loads so slow ? If it is the former i would think that it comes from a
naive coding style that forces all bindings done at startup and not
when first used.

And i guess if someone would change this, it the wxPython team is
happy to include this fix.