Abstraction library for Authentication (module like PEAR Auth)

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Wed Mar 24 07:15:50 EST 2004

On Ter 23 Mar 2004 22:08, Stuart Bishop wrote:

> If you don't mean login via form web authentication, I don't see
> much point - its just a call to an authenticate(username, password)
> method for the protocols you mention. And if you introduce other
> protocols such as Kerberos, Passport, biometric, or challenge
> response schemes the abstraction would become too complex to be
> generally useful.

One can always rely on PAM... It can talk to different sources and any other
authentication can be implemented, provided that it has a plugin and return
the right values for success/failure.

Your interface would be with PAM only and then PAM would talk to the rest of
the authentication system.

--
Godoy.      <godoy at ieee.org>