using third party TCL library

Avik Ghose avikghose at
Tue Mar 30 18:44:01 CEST 2004

Hi All,
I am calling some TCl scripts from python using the
following syntax:

import Tkinter;

Now I need to use a 3rd party TCL library for my
script. Its like :
package require TclLib

When I run this python file I get an error saying:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File  line 301, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\aghose\", line 3, in ?
TclError: can't find package TclLib

Now that is obvious since the python interpreter is
invocing a TCL shell which does not know where my
package is.
My question is where can I put this file so that the
TCL invoced from the python shell gets it.
Thanks in advance,

Thanks and regards,
Avik Ghose

Go to: