Feature request: subclassing FunctionType [Was: Some language proposals]

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Mon Mar 1 04:14:16 EST 2004

michele.simionato at poste.it (Michele Simionato) writes:

> Thinking a bit more, the issue is not about the scope rules, it is about
> how the "for" loop is interpreted. Currently

Heh, this hadn't yet appeared on my server at the time I started
writing my last followup to you. It seems that you have spotted for
yourself, that which my article attempts to point out ... again :-)

> Essentially, the "i" variable would be passed via the helper function
> call and at each iteration the lambda function would see a different
> value of it.

The important point is that it would see a different _binding_ of that
name.

> I am proposing nothing here, just asking if it would make sense to
> have a looping construct acting this way

Scheme is over there =>

:-)