ASP/JSP Python Equivalent

Brett Hicking bhicking at bhicking.plus.com
Tue Mar 23 15:14:28 EST 2004

Hi All,

I have created a simple inventory system to test the feasability of using
Python for more serious applications.

Currently the application has a simple tkinter frontend but I was wondering
how easy it is to create browser based (intranet) type applications such as
you can with Microsoft's Active Server Pages and the Java equivalent JSP.

I have encapsulated the data access and business logic within classes.

In the past I have created COM components in Visual Basic and then accessed
methods of these from within ASP scripts.  I could also just create business
and data access logic directly within the ASP although this can get messy
for anything other than trivial stuff.

Just wondering if there is a Python equivalent of this kind of development.

Could someone also give me a good idea of what Zope is, what it tries to
solve and what it is good for in a few sentences also please :-)

Thanks in advance