PyTable?

Chris McAvoy mcavoy76 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:09:08 EST 2004

Hi,

I was looking at PyTable this morning, after seeing it on PythonWare's
Daily Links page.  It's interesting, because my local Perl Monger's
group is having a talk on Class::DBI tomorrow night, and they sound
very similar.  I can't attend the talk tomorrow, so thought I'd ask
something here.

What are these two modules about?  Another abstraction layer for the
DB?  I've never heard of this as a concept until today, and I'm a
little lost.  Are they mimicing functionality available in another
language that I'm not aware of?

PyTable points to another module called BasicProperty that abstracts a
Class?

Could someone help me wrap my head around what appears to be a new
"trend"?

Thanks,
Chris