Extending Python Syntax with @

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Thu Mar 18 12:58:03 EST 2004

"Russell Wallace" <wallacethinmintr at eircom.net> wrote in message
news:4059deac.74176280 at news.eircom.net...
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:15:57 -0500, "John Roth"
> <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:
>
> >How much real development (I don't mean archiving) do we do
> >today on systems without appropriate tools? Very little. The issue
> >isn't trying to develop on systems without appropriate tools, it's
> >developers that won't use tools that help them work.
>
> I'll happily use a fancy tool when I find one that doesn't suck. If
> and when that ever happens, I'll be willing to start considering using
> a language that requires such.

Well, two points. First, why does it have to be a "fancy"
tool? The only editors I use basically have syntax highlighting
and code folding (at least, I think that's what it's called.)
There are a lot of other features I'd like to have, but I'm not
about to spend time with a learning curve that needs a full
mountaineering outfit to scale.

Second, what is it about which tools that you don't like?
Be specific, I'm sure that at least some of the tool vendors
would like feedback on their pride and joy.

John Roth