Problem using py2exe

Sarah Mount s.mountNOSPAM at REALLYNOSPAMcoventry.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 08:06:16 EST 2004

"Thomas Heller" <theller at python.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.275.1080044554.742.python-list at python.org...
> "Sarah Mount" <s.mountNOSPAM at REALLYNOSPAMcoventry.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > "Thomas Heller" <theller at python.net> wrote in message
> > news:mailman.237.1079973538.742.python-list at python.org...
> >
> >> IIRC, pygame imports some of its modules from C code, and py2exe cannot
> >> track these.  You should try to include some (or all) of the pygame
> >> modules explicitely with the --includes command line option.  Or you
> >> simply include the whole pygame package with '--packages pygame'.
> >
> > Thanks Thomas, but sadly --packages didn't make any difference :-(
> >
> > Installing pyObjc seems impossible on Windows as ffi support is missing
> > (doesn't wok with ctypes either) and py2exe isn't available for Linux!
>
> Now you've lost me.  What has pyObjc and ctypes to do with pygame?

Sorry. The packages that are missing are "AppKit, objc, Foundation".
Googling for these, they seem to be part of pyObjc, which can't be
installed without libffi.

HTH,

Sarah