Feature request: subclassing FunctionType [Was: Some language proposals]

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at poste.it
Mon Mar 1 13:25:32 EST 2004

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote in message news:<tyfy8ql9bfb.fsf at pcepsft001.cern.ch>...
> michele.simionato at poste.it (Michele Simionato) writes:
>
> > Thinking a bit more, the issue is not about the scope rules, it is about
> > how the "for" loop is interpreted. Currently
>
> Heh, this hadn't yet appeared on my server at the time I started
> writing my last followup to you. It seems that you have spotted for
> yourself, that which my article attempts to point out ... again :-)

Yes, but still your thoughtful explanations may be useful to others
who got catched by the same issues. Personally, I did understood
quite well how Python worked, but I didn't realized until this thread
that Scheme actually works the same, since the recursive loop hides
the effect. I also thank you for correcting my sloppy and/or
incorrect usage of the terminology. Nice discussion, anyway! :)

       Michele