A 'Python like' language

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Mon Mar 29 04:59:15 EST 2004

> But I wonder what effect the lack of reference counting has
> on cache-friendliness of the memory management system.

I don't see how the lack of something could hurt the cache.  Do you mean the
garbage colector?  The mark and sweep just behaves like another app running
at the same time and uses a hunk of the cache to do it's job.  Other than
that I can't think of anything unfriendly to the cache.  Am I missing
something in your question?

> >  - the stackless-ness
>
> I wonder what effect that has on the ability of C code to
> make callbacks into the interpreter.

The interpreter supports C code calling Prothon code and vice versa.  Also
either one can call a function without knowing what it is written in.  If
you look at the codebase you will see examples of every possible
combination.

Mark Hahn (Prothon Author)

"Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de)" <ieyf4fu02 at sneakemail.com> wrote in
message news:c48clk$2dt6vr$1 at ID-169208.news.uni-berlin.de...