A 'Python like' language

Glenn Andreas gandreas at no.reply
Wed Mar 31 09:43:22 EST 2004

In article <tyfzn9x1d0l.fsf at pcepsft001.cern.ch>,
 Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote:

> "Mark Hahn" <mark at prothon.org> writes:
>
> > Goodbye.
>
> Mark, Please _do_ take the hint that Terry is giving you. I would like
> to read your posts, but your top-quoting style makes them so difficult
> to decypher that I am finding it not worth my time and effort.

Basically, it comes down to "top posting is rude".

If you were talking with somebody and they were belching in your face,
you'd probably walk away.

Trying to hold a meaningful USENET "conversation" when somebody is top
posting is much the same - made extra bothersome because it might be an
interesting thread.

So certainly, if you want somebody else opinions/suggestions/help, being
rude to them doesn't encourage favorable reactions.

(This coming from another person who is interesting in Prothon but
becoming less so just because of pain of having to wade through
top-posting).