Orders of magnitude

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Tue Mar 30 12:23:40 EST 2004

> > I'm curious to know what what email/newsgroup client you are using, your
> > email client does not seem to produce proper "References:" and
> > "In-Reply-To:" headers, which breaks message threading.  The headers
> > claim Mozilla, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
>
> What's wrong with
> """
> To: Simon Wittber <drconrad at metaplay.com.au>
> """ ?

According to the stored headers, the message IDs are not valid for any
of the messages in the thread.  You should check the thread on google
groups to notice how everyone else sees the 'threads'.  The only reason
Google, or even other clients place them in the same group, is because
the messages all have proper subjects.

You may want to opt for switching to Thunderbird, even though it is a
derivative of Mozilla, it doesn't seem to have issues with threading.

 - Josiah