ASP/JSP Python Equivalent

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialton3.NOSPAM#_ME_TAG# at virgilio.it
Tue Mar 23 16:48:20 EST 2004

Il Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:14:28 +0000, Brett Hicking ha scritto:

> Just wondering if there is a Python equivalent of this kind of
> development.

Sure, WebWare with cheetah, or Zope with ZPT/DTML, or TwistedMatrix with woven
or nevow or cherrypy and some more.

> Could someone also give me a good idea of what Zope is, what it tries to
> solve and what it is good for in a few sentences also please :-)

Zope is an Application Server with 2 templating languages: DTML and ZPT.
It has an OODB built-in: ZODB3, also a web server, an ftp server and WebDAV.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Linux User #310274, Gentoo Proud User