Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes

Peter Hickman peter at semantico.com
Tue Mar 30 11:27:44 EST 2004

Gerrit wrote:
> only one. I think it is the wrong answer to say that people shouldn't
> bitch about top-posting - it _does_ annoy people (including me and Aahz).

Will you please reign in you ego and qualify your statement 'it annoys
*SOME* people'. I find all the bitching about top posting to be a
greater distraction than top posting itself!

> There are conventions on usenet (and mailing lists), and they are there
> with reason. I would like to kindly ask you to try to do more
> 'bottom-posting'. It makes your postings easier and prettier to read.

I find bottom posting to be a real pain as when I look at a new message
it defaults to showing me the top of the message and I then have to
scroll through pages of quoted posts that I have already read just to
read one or two lines stuck at the bottom.

> Really, it does - please try it...

It also doesn't, so once you have worked out how to keep both parties
happy, perhaps 'middle posting' would be a working compromise, you can
get on to curing cancer and bringing peace to the middle east.

I have never left a group because of the trolls.
I have never left a group because of the noobies.
I have left a group because of the constant whining about top posting.

People who whine on about 'top posting' are the sort of people who draft
'clean desk' policies. If you want to whine about top posting then start
alt.whine.top.posting and have fun.