URGENT: REALLY NEED HELP: Feel Helpless

Harry George harry.g.george at boeing.com
Wed Mar 10 10:49:23 EST 2004

Dang Griffith <noemail at noemail4u.com> writes:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 01:25:05 -0800 (PST), dont bother
> <dontbotherworld at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hey Friends,
> >I am stuck up. I have to finish this class project. I
> >went up trying out python in the only few days I had,
> >and now I feel a bit nervous about . I have to
> >complete my project amidst finals. The only problem I
> >have is in generating feature vectors for spam
> >classification. The rest I can do myself with a C
> >engine.
>     Sorry I do not have any help for you.
>     What class are you taking?  It sounds a little interesting, if
> this is the project.
>     --dang

Ordinarily one wouldn't solve homework here.  But this sounds too
confused for the typical homework case.  It would help if we
understood where you were in the development cycle.

1. Have you done anything like a data model, data flow model, or
definition of the desired feature vectors?  Do you have a set of tests
in mind which would show that you were or were not successful?  All
that is language independent.

2. If you've done "1", what idioms, patterns or data+algorithms have
you considered for implementing the desired vectors?  Have you done a
literature search (or google search) for candidate approaches?  We can
help you understand python-related tradeoffs among implementation
approaches you are considering.

3. If you've done "2", and are partway to implementation, are you just
stuck on something you know how to do in C but can't get working in
Python?  That is something c.l.p can address.  If the class is about
Python per se, we'd tell you where to find answers.  If it is about
algorithms and you happened to choose Python, then we could give more
detailed answers.

harry.g.george at boeing.com
6-6M21 BCA CompArch Design Engineering
Phone: (425) 342-0007