Select on Win XP

D. Shifflett shifflett at nps.navy.mil
Fri Mar 19 13:58:12 EST 2004

Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu> wrote in message news:<c3b2dc$bt7$1 at news.service.uci.edu>...
> [snip description]
> > Hoepfully I am doing something wrong on the Win system.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> [snip code]
>
> I checked the raw socket code on my machine and didn't have any issues.
>   You should check:
> def button_cb(button):
>      my_sock.sendto(data, (SERVERADDR, SERVERPORT))
> with a print statement to make sure that is actually getting called.
>
>   - Josiah
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
Yep, I have checked that.
I am running tcpdump, and can see the packet go out
and the response come back.
The python program also dumps the packet
but only after two packets have been sent
does select() return and I can read the first response packet.

Any other ideas why select() is hanging?

David Shifflett