ANN: PyKota v1.18 is out !
alet at librelogiciel.com
Sun Mar 21 18:34:30 CET 2004
I'm pleased to announce that PyKota v1.18 Final is out.
PyKota is an entirely Python written, GNU GPLed, centralized, full
featured, internationalized, and easily extensible, print quota and
accounting solution for CUPS and LPRng under Unix like systems like
PyKota can store its datas either in PostgreSQL or in OpenLDAP, and
integrating PyKota with an existing LDAP directory is really easy thanks
to PyKota's unprecedented flexibility.
Summary of Changes :
- Many bug fixes, especially wrt users and printers groups,
which seem to work fine now, even with deeply nested printers
- New command line tools :
- pkprinters : use this to add/delete/manage printers or printers
groups. It is much more faster than edpykota to manage printers.
- pkhint : preliminary work on installation automation. It is a
configuration helper (CUPS only for now)
- Several speed and CPU load improvements by suppression of
unneeded database queries wherever possible
- Improved documentation
- Italian translation added
- Preliminary work on relationnal database independance
- Sample reports made with OpenOffice are included
- Better Debian integration, and preliminary work on Debian
- New directives in pykota.conf :
- maildomain : sets the mail domain to use when email address for
user is not set and username at smtpserver is not allowed.
- prehook : allows to launch any command at the beginning of the job.
- posthook : same, but at the end of the job.
- PyKota now exports much of its internal state through environment
variables accessible from any external command (mailers, accounters,
requesters, pre and post hooks, ...)
The complete list of changes is available from :
IMPORTANT : Before upgrading from an older version, please :
- Double check the toplevel README and the FAQ.
- Double check the sample configuration files for new
options and features.
Learn more about PyKota, see live reports or screenshots, download the CVS
version or buy yearly Official Packages subscription from :
Thank you for reading.
"A non-free program is a predatory social system that keeps people
in a state of domination and division, and uses the spoils to
dominate more." - RMS
More information about the Python-list