PEP 318

Stephen Horne steve at ninereeds.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 06:10:18 EST 2004

On 22 Mar 2004 11:11:26 +0100, Jacek Generowicz
<jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote:

>My only slight reservation is the increased "keyword overloading". For
>example ... "static" has something like 7 distinct meanings in C++ (at
>last count), and I find that this has a detremental effect on
>discussions with colleagues. I hope that Python will be able to avoid
>such problems.

Which is worse? Keyword overloading, or wierd pattern-of-symbols
overloading?

Personally, I'd hate to see nouns or verbs 'overloaded'. But why
shouldn't prepositions be used in a wide variety of contexts in
Python? They are in spoken languages, after all.

--
Steve Horne