A 'Python like' language

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 30 10:22:58 EST 2004

What is 'this'?  Who is 'you'?  Where is the original suggestion?  What did
who say what is fragile?

"Mark Hahn" <mark at prothon.org> wrote in message
news:1J8ac.68390$cx5.23284 at fed1read04...
> I need a better understanding of this.  You are suggesting the self stay
> with a function like a closure of sorts?
>
> In my mind, anytime you say obj.func(), func is called on obj, no ifs
ands
> or buts.  How could it be otherwise?  When would you want it otherwise?
>
> You say fragile.  What breaks?

Trying to read cryptic top-posted comments that require me to spend minutes
trying to find the most like referent in order to make any sense is too
much work for me.  I won't do it.  Good bye.

Terry J. Reedy