Multi-user quiz show game

PiedmontBiz piedmontbiz at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 20:21:32 EST 2004

> I'll let the experts answer this one. But I have a question. Do you rule
>out a
>> > http server ? If I were doing this I would avoid the apparent complexity
>> > wxpython and just use standard html and javascript to pass the answers
>to the
>> > server. The python script could record time it got the "get" and return
>it with
>> > the validation.
>> >

>> > allen
>>
>> Thanks, Allen!  Your solution is actually quite attractive, as it just
>> simplify the whole thing a lot....  I would consider it very
>> seriously...
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Alex

I was going to do this for my own curiosity, maybe a pythonics syntax quiz.

But I wondered, if this was done over the internet rather than an intranet
setup, how could a server script take into consideration the time it takes for
a response to travel for the user to the server? Two or more users could submit
the correct answer at the same galactic standard time yet their responses would
be routed differently to the server.

Allen

Allen